Friday, December 16, 2016

Being B's Mom

Welcome to my new blog, Being B's Mom.  My name is Amanda and I am the mother of two great teenagers.  My oldest, CJ, is 15 and my youngest, B, is 13.  I am 43 and divorced, although my kids' dad lives with us.  We live in a little house in Oregon.  We have an Australian Cattle Dog named Sam and B has a cat named Meelo.  The girls and I attend the local United Methodist Church.

Politically and socially, I am very liberal.  CJ volunteers for a teen program with Planned Parenthood.  I am a devastated Hillary supporter.  I'm worried about Aleppo, Syria this morning.  I just made the Matthew 25 pledge on my Facebook page: I pledge to protect vulnerable people in the name of Jesus. 

I am starting this blog because I want to talk about my daughter, B, who has come out as a lesbian this year.  I find that I don't have very many people in my life that I can talk to about it.  I have had a fitness blog since 2010 and at one point it was really meaningful in my life.  I have made friendships through blogging and it occurs to me that I could benefit from having other parents of LGBTQI kids in my life.  So please leave a comment.  If you blog, leave your blog address so I can follow you back.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment